My daughter, Nyaya, loves to read. Or, more accurately, she loves to be read to. I’m really happy about this fact, and I hope she continues to love books for a long time to come.
But it has meant we have gone through a lot of books. Here’s a list of which books have been, in some week or other, Nyaya’s favourite book. They’re arranged in rough order of when they were her favourite book, though my memory on this score is surely rather hazy.
If you have any suggestions for similar books, I’d love to hear from you either in comments, in email, or on Facebook.
- B is for Bear – Roger Priddy
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you See? – Eric Carle
- Eat – Roberta Grobel Intrater
- The Gruffalo – Julia Donaldson
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt – Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury
- Jazz Baby – Lisa Wheeler
- Of Thee I Sing – Barack Obama
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day – Judith Viorst
- Bittle – Patricia & Emily Maclachlan
- Homemade Love – bell hooks
- Andrew’s Loose Tooth – Robert Munsch
- Ten Little Fingers – Mem Fox
- More Pies – Robert Munsch
- The Itsy Bitsy Spider – Constanza Basaluzzo
- Harry and the Bucketful of Dinosaurs – Ian Whybrow and Adrian Reynolds
- Smelly Socks – Robert Munsch
- Topsy and Tim Visit London – Jean Adamson and Gareth Adamson
- The Cat in the Hat – Dr Seuss
- Knuffle Bunny – Mo Willems